Prevent Costly Emergencies – Fuel Maintenance is the Key to Emergency Power Reliability
Dirty fuel, clogged filters and sludge in emergency generator fuel tanks are all primary reasons for engine down-time and power loss. In the corporate environment, it can result in lost product and productivity and worse–it exposes your company to great financial loss.
It is the condition of the fuel in your tanks that determines engine performance and emergency power reliability. Your standby power generator’s diesel engine requires optimal fuel quality for peak performance and reliability. Fuel, however, is inherently unstable and fuel breakdown is unavoidable and accelerated by heat, storage, pressure, condensation and bacterial contamination. Florida’s hot moist weather is an extremely hostile environment to fuel storage.
Fuel degradation is an inevitable, natural process. And unless an adequate fuel sampling, testing, monitoring and generator fuel cleaning program is implemented, fuel breakdown will continue to be a potentially expensive liability and a major contributor to your overall operating costs.
- Are you changing your filters prior to 500 hours? Do you have excess exhaust smoke? Is your fuel stored for more than 90 days? Then it’s time to have your diesel fuel professionally cleaned.
- Can you afford to gamble with your emergency generator engines reliability? Clean fuel is necessary for optimum engine performance. Giving your engine the best fuel possible will increase reliability and safety.
- Would you like to reduce overall operating costs of your diesel engine? An engine that burns clean fuel will have fewer injector failures, less filter maintenance and smoke less. By reducing the overall maintenance and extending the engine’s life, you will reduce both short & long term expenses.
Symptoms in the Tank
- Dark colored fuel
- Slimy mass in tanks or filters
- Water in fuel
- Unusual odor
- Fuel system fouling
- Unexplained contamination
- Dark exhaust
- Corroded injectors
- Clogged fuel line
- Clogged filters
Find Out More
For detailed product specifications, key performance characteristics and installation drawings, please contact your central and northern Florida Generac Industrial Distributor, ACF Standby Systems. ACF Standby Systems supplies reliable standby and trailer mounted generator systems to maximize our customer’s up-time and profitability through a total solutions approach and solid customer relationships.
We offer expanded service capabilities throughout the state of Florida with offices in Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and Melbourne. Parts stocked locally throughout Florida. Our service team is available 24-hour / 7 days a week. We offer repair, preventative maintenance programs and installation of generator systems for residential, commercial, and industrial clients.
The Logical Choice! (813) 621-9671
Bill Hogan, Marketing & Technology, is with ACF Standby Systems with offices throughout Florida. For more information visit acfstandbysystems.com